Monday, November 14, 2011

Helping Mum

One day late last week Mum phoned. She said "I wanted to ask you a favour."

How onerous could that be, I thought. "Yeah, what?" I replied.

"I've found a thing on the net to make guitar plectrums and I want to buy one but I can't find them to buy."

"Oh." I replied, while tapping at my keyboard. "Probably best place to look is.... Oh, here you go, Google these words... The first link, the e-bay one, click on it."

"Mmmmm, okay. Oh. There it is, oh, that's expensive. I'm sure I saw one for $30."

"Okay. Let me have a bit of a look..." As I tapped some more keys. "Here you are. There's one for $29.95, free postage."

"Oh," Mum exclaimed. "So what do I do now?"

"I have an account  on e-bay, do you want me to buy it for you?"

"Can you send it here for me?"

"Yes...." tapping keys again. "It should be delivered there between the 11th and the 18th."

"Okay."

It arrived this morning, before Mum was vertical. In time for Mum to take it to the school and present it to the music teacher. They are delighted! They won't have to charge $6 a plectrum to students when they lose them!

If only everyone I had to deal with was that easy to please*.


*Trust me, most are very easy to deal with, the difficult ones are just always difficult. Particularly when they don't get their way.

PS
I'm still not 100%. My neighbour made a lemon meringue pie last night, and made a mini one for me. Yum! I can make it last four nights.... I'll diet next week.

No comments: