Saturday, March 21, 2009

Stuff

Thismorning:

I've voted.
Had my car serviced (40,000 kilometres).
Bought some cheap towels from Target boutique (for the poochies, $5 each
for good quality bath towels).
Discovered that the part for the dishwasher still isn't in (and told them me New New Fridge is still working!)
Also bought two pairs of slacks for work for under $30 each at Target.
Went back to Aldi to get some 250 thread count single bed bright sheets $20 set fitted/flat and pillowcase, and they'd sold out. Dang!
Put on a load of washing.
Played with Floyd.

I noticed last Sunday when I bought some fruit that they'd overcharged me $2/kg more than the marked price. I phoned and told them the problem, it'd scanned at the wrong price. They told me to bring the docket back and they'd refund me. I took the docket back today. White nectarines 2.2kg @ $7.99kg. OWCH! So, I'd been overcharged about $4.50. No. I got back the whole lot, $17.00 odd. I'da been happy with the $4.50!

All the stuff out of the old fridge freezer and freezer won't fit in the new fridge freezer. Hmm. And it's hard to figure out how to fit it all in there when you're used to a chest freezer and you can just toss, er, gently put goods in it. If you do that with the fridge freezer it'll all fall out!

Hmm. Had a zuzz.

I still haven't received the paperwork for the secondment. It is my dearest wish to be permitted to work locally for the eleven months, it will give me more me time and I'll be able to get my act together and keep up with the yard work and have the house ready to sell. Not mentioning the 2 hours plus travelling per day I won't have to do.

The head of the department can still knock it on the head... and it's a new 'regime', and there are, er, changes happening all over the place.

I suppose I'll just have to wait and see...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you already done 40,000klms. It seems you bought it only yesterday. Mehaul.

kae said...

The car was 1 year old on 27/2/09.

The 40k service was done at 42k!

I know, you should have heard me when I got the rego renewal in January... WOT? Sheesh, I only bought the car... a year ago!

Time flies!

Hey, wanna have a meet one weekday night this month?