Very concerned post-grad student comes to the office counter to tell us that there is a problem with the electricity. It has escaped.
Hands on deck, ask a few questions - I quickly realised he was talking about the static electricity caused by the windy, dry weather we’d been having for days.
This student was quite concerned about the escaping electricity until he was shown that dragging your feet and touching your finger to anything metallic would cause the static discharge.
We told him that the static electricity was normal particularly in “this weather” and that kids at school usually charge themselves up and zap their friends on the ear lobe.
The student assured us that there is no static electricity in Pakistan.