Friday, January 8, 2010

Job Application submitted.

I'll just have to wait and see what happens next.

Today I heard the postie and dashed outside, after tossing something almost decent on. Every time I darted up to the letterbox to check the mail someone was driving past, so I darted down the drive and hid behind the grass... this happened about four times.

One of the cars passing was the bloke I get to do the slashing. He's got a wicked sense of humour, once telling me to check my septic by taking off the two small lids on top and poking around in it with a long stick... I told him that I'd pass out from the stink, he said "That's okay, you'll come to eventually, pick yourself up, and then you can check with the stick."

His wife was in the background telling him that he must come and check it for me and not be so mean. I'm glad I've got someone on my side.

I owe the slasher for a little mowing he did for me. I thought I should phone him and ask how much, and also let him know I wasn't being rude, just didn't want to be seen out in the street with my not-fit-for-the-street get-up. I told him that I hoped he didn't get too much of a fright when he saw me. He assured me he'd had a few sherbets and was recovering from the shock nicely. He had me on hands-free so there was an audience.

I'll have to get some cash so I can pay him. I'm going to have Chinese tomorrow with MDFD, at the good place. I'll have to buy some spare to eat on Sunday, too. Yum. Prawn omelette. Special fried rice... and? I'll have to look at the menu.

1 comment:

Carpe Jugulum said...

Good luck with the job application, and for gods sake woman stop running around in the front yard half in the nuddie, poor man will end up crashing his tractor into a tree. :)