Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sharing space

I am weird and opinionated.

I share a room.

My room mate is weirder. Examples?

1. This was the girl's fault. She asked for it.

2. IVF should not be allowed for people over a certain age. There's a reason why people can't have babies.... How old will the parents be when the child is growing up, it's not right, it's not natural. (Obviously never had any trouble popping out her two sprogs - both accidents I might add.)

3. ABC Announces in the news that "Barack Obama has become the first black presidential candidate", as did many other news outlets. She was all "Ommm-aaahhhh! That's not very PC!"
When I asked her waht she meant she said that it wasn't very PC to call Obama black. I said "Well, he is black." She waffled on with some crap about it being racist to call him black... and all the terrible things that had been said about him... I said "Well, he wouldn't be where he is today if he wasn't black, and Hilary wouldn't be where she is today if she wasn't a woman and Mrs Clinton."

Someone's gotta save me from this.

No comments: