Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Army Newspaper link added

I hope it works.

The current issue's cover shows the funeral of Sig Sean McCarthy.

Items in this edition include:
• More than 1000 mourners attended the funeral of Sig Sean McCarthy, SASR, at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church on July 18.
• Army Aviation safety standards have been reviewed and revised as a result of the Board of Inquiry into the Black Hawk crash off Fiji in 2006 that claimed two lives.
• New Chief of Army Lt-Gen Ken Gillespie has commissioned a review of headquarters and functional command arrangements.
• Military pilgrims wearing their uniforms cut dashing figures during World Youth Day 2008 activities.
• Forty-three years after its formation, 1 Avn Regt was honoured with a guidon during a memorable parade at Robertson Barracks on July 4.
• Hundreds of people lined the streets of Darwin city to support more than 400 soldiers who marched in a welcome home parade on July 5 to mark their service in southern Iraq.

Please note that this newspaper is subject to copyright.

3 comments:

Boy on a bike said...

"Army Aviation safety standards have been reviewed.."

I went to school with a bloke that became a Blackhawk pilot.

I heard that he was grounded once for scaring the pants of a bunch of SAS troopers by flying under the Narrows Bridge in Perth at night. That was about 15 years ago.

The Narrows is barely tall enough for a ferry to fit under, let alone a chopper.

Minicapt said...

Blackhawk height at the tail rotor is 17.5', so basically 20' clearance is good. How much more is required?

Cheers

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

Was once in a Cessna that flew under a bridge on the Wabash River at the Indiana/Illinois border. THAT is exciting! Of course, the pilot was a former cropduster/barnstormer/airshow stunt flyer...not something I'd do myself if I were pilot, but still...WOW!