Flawed Carbon Trading Scheme
This petition on the proposed Carbon Trading Scheme is sponsored by Dennis Jensen MP. Dr Jensen has agreed to present the petition with signatories to the Australian House of Representatives.
This petition of certain citizens of Australia draws to the attention of the House the fact that:
- We live on a dynamic planet; natural climate change occurs all the time.
- As a nation we need appropriate infrastructure and planning to protect against climate change including long-term warming or cooling and severe weather related events such as cyclones, droughts and bushfires.
- Global temperature increased slightly in the late 20th century and has been decreasing since 1998. Neither the warming nor the cooling is of an unusual rate or magnitude.
- Cutting carbon dioxide emissions in Australia will result in no measurable change in future climate. Australia contributes less than 1.5% of global emissions.
- The introduction of a Carbon Trading Scheme represents a major economic intervention that will drive Australian industries and jobs overseas.
Petitioners therefore ask the House to ensure that the Government:
- Invest appropriately in measures to ensure that Australia is well prepared for climate change and severe weather events including drought and floods.
- Not attempt to stop global climate change by introducing a Carbon Trading Scheme.
Visit the site, have a look around, and sign at Listen To Us.
Thanks to Mehaul.