I have found this in the Courier Mail:
Maritime Safety Queensland inspectors concluded the Sunshine Coast teenager:
• Most probably dozed off before her vessel hit and was dragged alongside the 63,000-tonne cargo ship.
• Did not turn on a device that would have warned her of a potential collision.
• Could not produce a clear, plotted plan for her journey.
• Had not developed a fatigue management plan.
• Kept a log with "irregular latitude and longitude entries".
After the collision, Premier Anna Bligh said Jessica should continue on, saying "you don't take on a big dream like this and (baulk) at the first hurdle".Read the whole article here.
But The Courier-Mail understands high-ranking government officials were alarmed by the facts of the collision once they became known.