Thursday, November 19, 2009

A lucky escape

A house fire at Banyo destroyed a family home. The home is a Defence Force home occupied by a service family.

The woman was returning from delivering her children to school and found the house destroyed. Her husband is away on a training exercise and will return tonight. The family has lost everything, their dog, which was locked in the burning house, was rescued by the fire brigade.

It was first thought that the fire was started by Christmas lights, but this has now been discounted.

Two firemen were injured when the roof collapsed on them, but they continued to fight the fire.

Thank God they are all safe.

More here.

No comments: