Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Toughen up, Princess

The mayor of Mount Isa has 200 people, men and women, up in arms. Marching in the street * yesterday, demanding his resignation, an apology, whatever. Why?

The mayor of Mt Isa said that "beauty disadvantaged" women would easily find a man in Mt Isa - the ratio of men to women is 5:1. Jeez, where do I sign?

Anyway, he made some silly throw-away comments about someone who may consider themself unattractive and 200 people are insecure enough to protest and demand his resignation.

Like I said, toughen up, Princesses - blokes too.

* lol, I read "Scores of ugly women have protested ..."

There's more at Jules Crittenden and Andrew Bolt.

The locals elect the mayor. I'm sure if there's enough of them with a problem he won't be mayor in four years.

3 comments:

Skeeter said...

Just saw (on Ch 9 "Today"), an interview of Bob Katter on this topic.
Katter absolutely demolished the lady announcer interviewing him.

Mercurius Aulicus said...

I saw in Wednesday's Australian - an article with protesters with signs saying "I'm ugly - and I vote". I thought "Never a truer word was spoken".

All the more reason to repeal women's suffrage - they're just too emotional.

Anonymous said...

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
Your beauty disadvantaged, and
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door,
Here in Mt Isa!"


Apologies to USA Statue of Liberty